Wednesday, June 13, 2012

whole foods

one of my friends here is on a diet, and wants to rope the rest of us into her suffering. She's on a diet plan, but she's complaining about low energy and that she's hungry. I have no desire to be either of those things, so I agreed to go on a whole foods diet until I leave. I did make a plan, though, that I can eat whatever on Sundays. I don't believe in making myself miserable, so I figured this was a good compromise. You may remember the last time I did this, it was in 2010, and I lost 10 pounds and never gained it back. I have very slowly lost weight since coming here, though I don't know how much because I don't weigh myself because I don't have a scale and I find it terribly discouraging, I just know that I've dropped a pant size. So long story short, this is my latest thing to do with my friends. The best thing I read was someone saying that the only junk food you eat should be made from scratch, that way you won't eat as much because you won't want to make it all the time. I laughed because that is not the case with me. I like to make my cake and eat it, too!

No comments: