Sunday, January 9, 2011

ok

so the crust was better than the pie, though the pie wasn't bad, it's just that the crust was really good, if not a little dark. I'm going to give it another try, but next time I'm going to season the filling differently. So here is the crust recipe, and let me just say that I don't know tons about pie crust, but I do know that I like the hot water method of making it.

3/4 c butter
1/2 t salt (the butter I bought was so salty, so I will omit this next time)
1 t milk
1/4 c boiling water
2 c flour

combine butter, salt, milk, and boiling water. Stir until butter is melted. (My butter was cold, so I ended up having to set my bowl over a pot of hot water to melt it all.) Then put the flour in the bowl, in the center of the butter, and stir around the outside of the bowl until it's all incorporated. Form into 2 disks, wrap in plastic, and chill for at least 30 minuets, then roll out.

No comments: