This is how I pumpkin bread, the less 'bad' way. I changed the recipe a little to make it friendlier to the body.
• 1 1/2 cups sugar
• 1/2 cup vegetable oil
• 1/2 cup apple sauce
• 4 eggs
• 2/3 cup water
• 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
• 2 teaspoons ground ginger
• 1 teaspoon ground allspice
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon ground cloves
• 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 3/4 whole wheat flour
• 2 teaspoons baking soda
• 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
• 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease two 9x5 inch loaf pans.
1. In a large mixing, combine sugar, oil, apple sauce and eggs; beat until smooth. Add water and beat until well blended. Stir in pumpkin, ginger, allspice and cinnamon.
2. In medium bowl, combine flour, soda, salt, and baking powder. Add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture and blend just until all ingredients are mixed. Divide batter between prepared pans.
3. Bake in preheated oven until toothpick comes out clean, about 45 minuets.
it might need a little more time, but it's faster than the original recipe that takes an hour.