Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Lasagna

Lasagna noodles are very expensive here, which I don't understand because other noodles aren't. Catie told me she's been wanting to make lasagna but couldn't bring herself to pay $10.00 for a regular old box of them, so as a Christmas surprise, I made noodles. They looked beautiful and I sure hope they taste great because I'm going to make up a batch for myself and give it a go! Here's how it's done:

1 egg
1 cup semolina flour
1 T olive oil
1 T water

mix all together with a fork, it will resemble pie crust. Then knead it to get everything well combined. Form it into a ball and let it rest. I put the mixing bowl over it to cover so it wouldn't dry out and I let it sit for 20-30 minuets. Cut it in half and roll it out as thinly as possible on a floured counter. Cut it with a sharp paring knife into strips and then use or dry to use for later. I trimmed the edges and cut the trimmings up and I'm going to add them to the chicken soup I plan to make next week.

3 comments:

Brian Martin said...

We had Christmas Eve lasagna!

Natalie said...

did you make the noodles? I love lasagna.

Brian Martin said...

My mom actually made it for us. Dinner was at their house and she volunteered to make our recipe. But the noodles came from a box. We did, however, make noodles on many occasions in Japan.