Saturday, February 20, 2010

cheese cake

I made a cheese cake last week, and I thought I would share how it happens. You will need 30 ounces ricotta cheese. It come in a larger 32 oz size, and I used that because it was on sale, and the extra 2 ounces didn't hurt anything. You will also need 1 cup heavy whipping cream, and the rest is sort of up to what you want to do. The basic idea is to put the cheese in a food processor and process it until it's smooth, I did it for about 3 minuets. Then I added 14 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted. I used a 9 inch spring form pan that was greased, and I lined it with chocolate wafer cookies for the bottom. (not the filled cookies, they are like the tops to oreos) I folded in the beaten cream, into the processed chocolate cheese mixture, and poured that into the pan. Then it needs to chill for 6 hours and that's all there is to it. I was thinking it would be fun to make a lemon one with a graham cracker crust. Since the one I made had all the sugar included in the chocolate, I would need to experiment a little to see how much to use, oh, and with ginger, that would be so good!

1 comment:

Bethany Grace Martin said...

Brian had a lemon-ginger cheesecake at a coffee shop recently that inspired me, so I made a cheesecake last week, too, using soy cream cheese and sour cream, and cinnamon graham crackers and crushed walnuts for the crust, and a lemon sauce for topping. But, it took forever to bake, and in the end I think I overbaked it, because it was nothing like cheesecake. It was more like tofu pie. Brian has been eating it all week and I was just sad, sad that it didn't work.