Thursday, September 8, 2011

pancakes

I really like pancakes, good pancakes. I hate bad pancakes. My mom makes good pancakes, and I think mine are pretty good, too. So here it is, my homemade in Korea pancakes:

3/8 cup whole wheat flour
3/8 cup all purpose flour
1/2 t salt
1 1/2 t sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1 T ground flax seeds
2 t vanilla extract

sometimes I use yogurt instead of milk, in which case you will need a little more than half a cup. I also like to add either a quarter cup thawed frozen blueberries or a couple of tablespoons of chocolate chips. Stir it all ingredients until well incorporated but don't over mix, then add the berries or chocolate. I like to cook them in a fry pan greased with ghee using a quarter cup scoop. Makes about 5 pancakes, and the leftovers store well in the fridge and can be re-heated in the pan.

No comments: