Monday, October 26, 2009

the new MAKE

as I mentally get ready for the end of school, I am having to come to terms with the fact that I don't have a darkroom or a metal studio. There is going to be so much transition initially that it won't matter, but I am going to miss those things long before I reconcile how to fix them. I like taking pictures, and I think my favorite part is printing them, and I think I'm good at it. I am happy with photography, finally. I should have explored it much sooner, but it didn't work out that way. And I am finally making pieces in the metal studio that I am proud of and that I can wear and I'm understanding the materials so much better, not fighting them. I will be able to work in these media, it's just going to be different. And I'm going to continue to grow, because I'm a life long learner, and I have my dear artist friends who will spur me on. And I have several pounds of fiber that need to be dealt with, and a million knitting needles and crochet hooks, and a dresser full of yarn, and a beautiful spinning wheel. And a few ideas.

No comments: