Thursday, April 28, 2011

one more middle school girl story

The middle school students have been taking school tests so we have had a lot of kids be absent, so the classes have been pretty small and relaxed. Last week in one of the classes there were only 3 girls and when it gets like that I think it's fun to just have 'talk time'. We sat and talked about boys, because that's what they wanted to talk about. One student called Lisa was telling me about a boy at school that was bothering her. Her voice got quiet and she told me that her older sister told her that if boys were really a bother she cold kick a boy in the pen iss. It took me a moment to realize that she meant penis! These are the moments! I quickly thought, what do I do now? I did what Natalie does. I told here that kicking people was not a good idea, and please don't kick someone if they are annoying you. Then we all learned how to pronounce penis.

No comments: