Saturday, January 1, 2011

food news

And my love affair continues...
I was just reading a blog post of Catie's from May about her meal planning. I've never been a meal planner, but over the years I have gotten pretty good at meals for one, or at least making things that can be made into new things when I have to make a larger amount. (Roast chicken dinner turns into soup, with frozen leftovers for an easy lunch.) I've also gotten better at knowing when it's advantageous to make more of something, like baking 2 potatoes so I can have hash browns later. I also started my own cookbook; it's a folder with recipes that work and that have ingredients that I know I can easily find. I felt like I was managing pretty well, but then I bought the oven, and I feel like it's really coming together food wise. I'm also planning a little. Grocery shopping is sort of a chore because of the running around, and the less I go grocery shopping, the better because I know I spend money I don't need to. And I buy chips.

No comments: