Thursday, February 23, 2012

are we there yet?

It has been an exhausting couple of weeks. I am tired, and redundant. I have been baking a lot, which is a nice break from work, which has become beyond tiring. I got my new schedule today for next term and it filled me with dread. How can I be teaching 1 more class next term? I do not want to complain, because really, my job isn't hard, but it does tax me and I get tired entertaining children all day long, 5 days a week. It's hard to have a bad day when all those little faces are looking and I just want to give them candy and paper so they can play and I can take a nap on the lectern. I have been trying to arrange for a day off, 1 day next week, but it didn't work out, so I am hopefully going to get 3 off in April, but I wanted to cry when he told me they were over midterm, a very relaxed week, and that they were NOT UNTIL APRIL. (last year I took 1 day off in February, and we are supposed to get 5 days of vacation, yeah right) Needless to say, I will not be staying on after my contract ends. I am tired, and I am still enjoying my time here, but I need a rest.

No comments: