Sunday, January 1, 2012

so this is the new year

to ring in the new year I lost my wallet. Usually I get really upset over these types of things because it's just so frustrating. I feel upset with myself and dwell on what an idiot I am. I didn't have time for that yesterday, though. I was with a friend at a gimbap restaurant in her neighborhood and we walked a couple of blocks back to her apartment, and somewhere along the way I dropped it. We retraced our steps, but no luck. We had to meet the rest of our NYE party, and I didn't want to be a party-pooper, so I tried to not think about it. Today I googled what to do about loosing your wallet in Korea. My peace of mind was restored when I found out how easy it should be to replace my bank card and green card. Also, often when a wallet is lost is gets returned. My friend told me, as well as some expat blogs, that lost wallets get mailed back to their owners. How fantastic is that?! Here's hoping I get it back, just because my bank book fit into it perfectly.

No comments: