Saturday, August 27, 2011

Dear Friday,

I love you.

This weekend, I am hoping to go on an uphill walk to the top of Songong-dong mountain. I got directions from one of my students so that I can find the trail head. There are no markers, mostly a person needs to look for a family grave plot, but there isn't one for this particular trail, so I asked a boy called Sam and I am confident in his instructions and directions. Most of the students agreed that it will take me about an hour to get to the top. Hiking and the like are a big deal here as the country is 70% mountains. Most of my other mountain adventures had been accidental, I have taken a trail that led me up up up to a pavilion overlooking something, usually town. I'm happy to know what I'm getting myself into this time.

No comments: