Saturday, June 25, 2011

drawing

I have embarked on phase one of the next year in South Korea, drawing. I purchased a book, Drawing Lab for Mixed Media Artists by Carla Sonheim. I don't consider myself a mixed media artist, I practically don't consider my self an artist! ( I consider my self someone who makes things, with attention to detail and craft, at least at the moment.) The book is designed to be worked through week by week over the course of a year, though some 'labs' are short and to the point, others meander, and still others I won't be able to complete. (Draw your pet, for example.) I have made a supplies list, and am very tempted to just have my mom send everything to me, but then I remembered that one of my goals while being here was to use things from South Korea. And more importantly, to be fully submerged in my life here I want to use materials that reflect that.

No comments: