Wednesday, June 1, 2011

and now back to our regularly scheduled programming

Dosirak in the Korean boxed lunch. I have been piecing together what it is, and am still not entirely sure, but lunch is lunch, and we all know how I feel about that! I guess this style of lunch fell out of vogue, but is back and gaining momentum. There is a fast casual type takeout place called Hansot, well there are two, one in my neighborhood and one in the neighborhood that I work in. (it's a chain) I have tried several things from the menu, and some of it is okay, but some of it is delicious. I haven't been able to find a lot of dosirak information, and a lot of it seems to not be Korean, but Japanese, and since these 2 countries have such a mingled past, at least in recent history, maybe the information is stuck in the middle for a reason. Anyhow, I am going to continue to try and find out more about these meals, and hopefully make some delicious food along the way.

No comments: