Sunday, December 26, 2010

what a day

I decided that today would be a good Costco day, especially since I was almost out of coffee and it is so much cheaper to get it there. I can get a bag of Starbucks roasted fair trade beans for 15,990 won, or I can go to Starbucks and get a bag for 15,000 won, but at Costco I get 4 times as much! Costco is always packed, but it's like a little bit of America. Everything is in English, so I always get exactly what I want, often the brand that I want or at least recognize. In the midst of all of this it began to snow, which slowed everything. The subway was PACKED and the bus was crazy. I let the first bus go because it looked too terrible, especially since I was lugging a huge bag of stuff. I was going to get into a cab, but the road was so slick and the cars moving so slowly that I thought it was going to be expensive, and as luck would have it another bus with far fewer people rolled up. It took a long time to get home, but I did make it back safe and sound, if not a little motion sick. My cinnamon loaf is just about ready to come out of the oven, so I'm going to have some of that for dessert, and then I think I'll read and go to bed. And maybe eat another persimmon.

No comments: