Sunday, November 7, 2010

re-cap

Okay, this is a re-cap of all the things I've made since getting to South Korea. Or the stuff I can remember at this moment. In the last couple of weeks I feel that I have settled in better. I get the feeling that settling in will take me the whole time I am here. Anyway, I'm impressed with myself and all I've done in the midst of feeling chaotic. So, I first made a hat, but that is now a tea cozy.


During the hat / tea cozy bonanza I also made some mittens. And started these yet unfinished mittens.



I have also started 2 more 'fine art' pieces, both necklaces. The first is calling on the idea of the hair shirt.

The second is about missing pieces, and when things don't add up.


I also have a shawl on the needles. I almost forgot the new adventures in fabric. Just handkerchiefs and napkins, but I am enjoying looking at the fabrics in the shops. I want to make a pin cushion next to hang onto my quilting needles.

Also, the food! The thing that I have really made is the yogurt. I also made chocolate syrup, but I wasn't a fan of it. And butter, which I am a fan of. The steamed cake was not bad, but when I have an oven I don't think I'll make it, I would rather bake, I like the texture better.

I'm getting yarn this week, my mom is sending it. I am really excited. I also brought yarn for 3 pairs of socks that I sort of forgot about but found yesterday. I have a lot to do, so I better get crackin'!

No comments: