Monday, May 17, 2010

I'm sort of on vacation in Eastern Idaho. I came to visit my beach Cohort and go to a fiber event. We drove over to Idaho Falls yesterday, and had a lot of fun. I did buy 2 things at the festival, some raw silk noil and some angora goat locks. I am always attracted to all the dyed stuff, but it's too expensive and I'm not scared to try it myself. I also picked up a Martha Stewart cook book at a thrift shop, which was exciting. I am sort of in the stockpiling mode with raw fibers, I've surprised myself a bit, but everything I have got at the moment needs to be dyed or blended or washed, and it's SO much cheaper to buy it this way. I have spent about $45.00 on raw stuff this last few weeks, and if it had all been processes, I would have spent, over $200.00, I think. It's a lot of work and time to do it this way, but I have complete creative control.

No comments: