Saturday, October 10, 2009

spin along

I have been spinning and plying the yarns again this week. With stress and panic come repetitive motions to calm brain and heart. It's science. I finished a Christmas knit for small E, it still needs to be blocked, though. I Navajo plied some bright blue merino, I didn't realize how finely spun it was, and there was a lot of it, so Navajo made the most sense since I wasn't up to making color decisions, especially if it meant dying, or buying more merino. The twist is set and the yarn has been next to the heater all evening drying. That will be another Christmas knit. I am excited to dye my peace fleece locks sometime in the next week or so. That wool is nicer than I thought it would be, though I think there is a break in it. I'm going to have fun with that, I'm going to hand card and make rolags to spin. And when all this is done I might look into getting some more longwool. I spun a bunch of angora, I should see if I have any of that left, because if not I'm going to buy some more! But now I have romney going. I bought the dyed locks from the grower and hand carded it and I think it will make a bright striped warm hat. Think tequila sunrise. I feel better just thinking about all the wool to be had!

No comments: