Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Blue Scorcher

Once a week when I was at the beach I would drive 40 miles north from Manzanita to Astoria and eat at The Blue Scorcher, usually with my Cohort and Sassidy, but sometimes alone. The food was great, their ovens and mixer huge, and there was a ruddy young man who worked there who was not too hard on the eyes. If it were only a 40 mile drive today, I would be back by now. Ginger chocolate cookies, sesame cookies, rustic bread with farm cheese, good coffee-which I had a hard time finding most of my time at the beach. The soups and beans and salads and croissants. They had a great flat bread pizza with a pizza special every day of the week. So I'm going to make a poolish, and a cup of coffee, and maybe some ginger cookies. But I'm not going to get to go on the drive, or feel the ocean air. Today is going to be good.

No comments: