Thursday, November 7, 2013

brownies!

The rice cooker baking continues!  These are the brownies I made and made and made from 2010 to 2012 in my toaster oven.  I don't think I've made them in maybe a year, but in reading about all the things a rice cooker can cook, brownies came up a few times and all the instructions said just use your favorite recipe.  These turned out surprisingly well.  The texture of the top of them is not as wonderful as when they are baked in the oven, I think because of the way moisture works in the rice cooker, but they taste just as good and though I thought the texture would suffer from all the steam I was wrong.  


I just mixed up the batter as I usually would, poured it into the rice cooker bowl, turned it on, and then as the cooker turned itself off I would wait for maybe 15 minutes and then go turn it on again.  I have the very basic style of cooker that just has the switch that flips back up when it gets to temp, so I did have to keep turning it on.  I recommend patience and you will get a feel for how it works.



No comments: