Monday, April 23, 2012

domesticity bonanza

a couple of weeks ago, I got to go on vacation to Jeju Island, which is an island off the coast of South Korea. It was relaxing and warm. I went with another teacher, and instead of flying we took a ferry, which was relaxed and very Korean. It was just a nice relaxing time. Then I came home, and as I do, I became super domestic and made all sorts of stuff! One thing I made was goat's milk cheese. Oddly enough, goat's milk is available at bigger supermarkets. It was easy and tasted so nice. I heated the milk to sterilize it and then added lemon juice so create the curds. Then I put the milk into a colander lined with cheese cloth to let it drain and then hung it up for about an hour. I saved all the whey and will attempt to make ricotta after the next batch of cheese. Then I have read that another cheese can be made from the whey after the ricotta making. So much cheese!

I also made another chocolate stout cake. It comes from the smitten kitchen web site, and it is a huge hit every time.

No comments: