Sunday, February 5, 2012

zip-it

I have been in the land of the morning calm for 16 months, and I am still at times surprised be the 'unfinished' way things are around here. Yesterday I went to Seoul to get some stuff so I could make stuff, a pretty standard operation around these parts. I needed some zippers, and I searched around until I found the color and sizes I needed. I figured I would just tell the man and he would ring them up and give them to me, but not so! After I picked the zipper, I had to pick the pull. After I picked that he then got out some pliers and set to work assembling my zippers. After all was said and done, I felt pretty good about what I got because EVERYTHING here is fancy or shiny or big, and while these zippers do have an extra piece of metal that they wouldn't have in America for finesse, they are better than I thought they were going to be!

No comments: