Saturday, July 16, 2011

knee to knee

last night we were treated by the company president to dinner and norabang. Mr. Min is an entrepreneur and owns 3 academies and is most surely involved in other businesses, so I always assumed that though he recognized me, he was unaware of my name or really anything about me. Was I wrong! I was seated at the other end of the table and was summoned to sit next to him. I am always a bit unsure of how to behave around him because I don't always understand the power structure, as it were. All the walls came down for a little while at least as we sat knee to knee, holding hands, with his nose touching my face as he spoke in my ear, telling me that he was glad I had come to Ewha. It was awkward and I felt a bit uncomfortable, but very sweet also.

No comments: