Saturday, May 7, 2011

4 day weekend

I am on day 3 of a loooong weekend. Sad to say but the long weekends sort of kill me. On Thursday I went shopping, necessary but not really fun, though I did get a nice walk in. On Friday I tried to eat tacos in honor of Cinco de Mayo, but the one and only Taco K was closed and wasn't going to re-open until dinner time, so I went with my friend Sairomi to an Italian place she had told me about, then coffee, and then home. I decided that I couldn't read anymore (too much reading sort of puts me in a funk) so I set to work looking through my fabric scraps and walked over to the little quilt shop and bought a zipper and made a little bag. I don't have a sewing machine here, so everything is hand sewn, which takes a long time, but I don't mind. I went down town and bought enough fabric to make a really simple smock type vest, inspired by this: front, back. It will be reversible, and it will take a while to stitch together, but I have been eying it for years, and now is the perfect time. And tonight I have been piecing together a little envelope to keep my toilet paper in that I carry around in my bag, because I just love TP too much to be without. Tomorrow I plan to cook up some marinara sauce because the stuff here just isn't something I can get used to, I guess.

No comments: