Saturday, March 5, 2011

I should know this by now!

I moved the washing machine. The first rule of plumbing is don't move anything that's hooked up to water, but I threw caution to the wind and pushed it about 4 inches. And then it was broken! But not really. I put the laundry in, and then it started making crazy noise and it wouldn't drain. And then it drained and I thought it was a fluke, so I put in another load. It didn't drain either. Then I realized somehow I had messed it up by moving it. I lifted it up and made sure it was on all it's little blocks, and then I made sure the water line wasn't kinked. Then I realized that one of the blocks had been squishing the water line, and so I got it all unkinked. It's been sort of a slow week, that's why the washing machine made the blog! Well, not so much slow as filled with grim news that I'm trying to not get bogged down in.

No comments: