Friday, December 3, 2010

eating out in Korea is cheap, cheaper than eating at home many times. In my quest to eat Korean I went out to eat for dinner tonight. I have a 2 hour and 15 minuet break on Friday night and I have a stash of English magazines in my desk drawer but tonight I didn't read, I ate! My vocabulary is very limited still so a lot of the time I have no idea what I'm getting, but I try it anyway. One of the disappointing things about eating out is that there is all sorts of meat, always. As far as I understand Koreans don't eat a lot of meat at home, so when they go out that's what they get. I thought I was getting a meatless soup, but I was wrong. It had weird pork in it. So I didn't eat the pork, but the soup was pretty good. It was like kimchi stew with rice cake slices and tofu. Koreans love their side dishes, so no only did I get soup, but I got rice, 3 or 4 kinds or kimchi, 2 kinds of daikon, and some kimchi pancake, and some other stuff that was in a soy sesame sauce, it was like unflavored jello. More than I could eat for only 4,500 won, which is less than $4.50!

No comments: