Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Jjimjilbang

said jim jee bong, it's a Korean bath house and more. I went last night after work. First I paid the entrance fee and got my towels and locker key. I put my shoes in the shoe locker and then went up to the ladies' sauna, stashed my stuff and went in. You have to take a shower first, and those Korean ladies scrub! Then there are pools of water to sit in, 2 very hot saunas, cold water pools, places to lay down, and a massage area. It was so nice. I wanted to get a good scrub from the Korean woman who scrubs, but I couldn't figure out how to pay and if you needed an appointment, so I figured I would save that for next time. The jjimjilbang is open 24 hours and you can take a nap there too, or spend the night. There are other things to do as well, like eat, use a computer, and I guess there's also a co-ed swimming pool. There's a sauna in my neighborhood, it's got baths and the scrubber ladies, but no computer or any of that other stuff, and it's only open during the day. I am excited to visit that one next!

No comments: