Sunday, March 14, 2010

everything

I haven't felt like posting, so I haven't. I do have some updates, though. First, our fibre arts retreat was very nice. I made a lot of food because last year we ate a lot of food, but this year people weren't as hungry. I took a spinning class, and I must say I haven't always felt like I learned a ton in these classes, but this time I did, which made me very happy.

I took my spinning wheel apart and put it back together this morning, which is something I should have done a long time ago. It was misbehaving, and I was told by a more experienced spinner that nothing was really wrong, so I didn't need to worry, but now everything is much better, and I'm glad I didn't listen to her! Sassy, I know.

We are gearing up for the garden, well, we are talking about it. The weather isn't cooperating, it's just been cold. I'm excited though. Carrots and potatoes for sure!

Everyone is pregnant, so I have been doing round 2 of baby knitting. It's fun because the tiny things are stupid cute. I am going to start another hat today, and do some knitting sketching.

I have been watching a lot of X-Files from the library. So good. Also, I am on a Brideshead Revisited kick, now I have the BBC mini series from the library. Oh, and The Beales of Grey Gardens. And as usual my knitting books, as well as a book on wool and a book about cooking. I am pretty well stocked.

I made sourdough bread last week, but the culture hadn't been 'culturing' long enough, so it was really tasty, but not sour. I added to my start and will try again in the middle of the week.

No comments: