Saturday, December 26, 2009

food and friends and knitting

In the famous words of Hannah Kafka, who is 11, it's really hard to tell the days apart when you're on break/vacation, and I love that. So, I don't know which day it was, but a few of them ago I had a lovely meal with some of my favorite people. My long lost friend Nick and his lovely lady Alyssa came to visit and ended up spending the entire day with me and the entire house of Kafka clan. We talked about everything and then we all decided we were hungry. To keep the party going I decided we needed dinner, so my cohort (from the beach) and I went to the store and got all the stuff for curry, and it was so good. While my cohort and I were at the store small E took Alyssa to Puffy Mondaes for some yarn, and while cohort and I cooked, E and Alyssa started a pair of leg warmers. After dinner I sat with Alyssa and we had a great time. When your great friend has a person, and you haven't met them yet, it can be nerve wracking because I wanted to like her real bad, and I wanted her to like me. Nick is important to me and I wanted harmony for all involved. Knitting and curry are like catalysts, they speed bridge building along.

No comments: