Thursday, October 29, 2009

talk me down

I talked to my mom on the phone tonight, and I love that mom of mine. There is some stress, with graduation, and moving, and jobbing. I am working on the Japan application, and have a job lined up for something to do before the overseas adventure. (I have a back up plan if Japan fails me.) My folks are going to help me move, and my mom confirmed what I was already thinking: get rid of it. If it's replaceable, don't keep it. So long garage sale espresso maker, you have served me well. See you later crockpot, who I have treated as a spouse-you cooked for me! George Foreman, I know we haven't spoken in a long time, but remember the kebabs? The paninis? Toaster oven, I was so happy when I got you, you were on sale and I had a coupon and a gift card. Cheap and easy used to be my thing. Rice cooker, in the short time that you have been in my life, we have been to Seattle, the beach, Portland. You've made rice and lentils and oats and spaghetti and curry. You have been selfless. Sauce pan, you came into my life over 5 years ago, and eventually you got a lid that fit. Your bottom isn't flat, but nobody wants that anyway. You have heated and reheated, we have had soups and sauces and popcorn and nearly everything imaginable. You have been a servant. I will fondly remember you all, and I hope you find new deserving homes. I will work on that.

No comments: