Sunday, February 8, 2009

it's fat and it tastes like cheese

Last night Small E and I went to Sono Bano with her kids.  It was the most fun I've had on a Friday Night since I got back from Mexico.  The kids are really interested in Japan, and they were curious about authentic ramen.  We found a place in Boise, and their dad was out of town back packing, so it was a perfect fun little thing to get E out of the house.  O my gosh it was fun.  Her kids acted so good, and the waitress was so patient.  The kids practiced their Japanese and the waitress brought them all origami animals.  Sam, who is the youngest, wanted the chicken skewer.  He asked our Japanese waitress for chicken on a stick.  Jonas didn't like his fat noodles, and I have never laughed so hard, when he declared that they tasted like cheese.  It reminded me of when I was a kid and we would visit Seattle to see my mom's folks, and Andrew and I would go, with our cousins and great grandmother and whoever else, and we would go to a quick Japanese place, and it was so fun.  Good times.  Tastes like cheese.

No comments: